HVAC Apprenticeship Program Lead
Company: Mountainland Technical College
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionMOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGEInvites
applications for the position of: HVAC Apprenticeship Program
LeadHours: 40 hrs hours per week, 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM (hours may
vary)Location: 1410 W 125 S, Orem, UT 84058Reports to:
Apprenticeship DirectorStatus: Full-Time/ ExemptSalary: $65,000This
position includes a generous benefits package including 401 k,
Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, Paid Holiday, Personal, Sick &
Vacation, Tuition discount after three months of
employment.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:Under
direction of the Director of Apprenticeship, the Program Lead in
HVAC Apprenticeship must:
- Teach at least one class per semester.
- Increase high school and adult enrollment in programs through
relationship building with high schools and employers.
- Build relationships with local HVAC employers, by maintaining
- Work with the Apprenticeship Program Director to plan and carry
out the annual advisory meetings.
- Take necessary precautions to ensure an effective and safe
level of direct supervision of students in the lab portion of the
- Work with the Program Director to design curriculum for the
- Work with the Program Director to create effective and engaging
lesson plans for all instructors.
- Ensure curriculum is current and effectively prepares students
to enhance their understanding of HVAC concepts and their
employability within the industry.
- Provide instructor support and training.
- Aid the Program Director in conducting classroom
- Assist with clerical functions and related classroom duties,
other than instructing.
- Assist with lab layout, as well as installation, set-up, and
maintenance of equipment.
- Assist students in the use, care, and safety of program
- Responsible for monitoring the use of supplies and
- Oversee maintenance of a clean and orderly training area.
- Model and teach good work habits.
- Ensure that HVAC assessments are up to date and accurately and
adequately assess for learning.
- Work cooperatively within the College community.
- Represent MTECH HVAC Apprenticeship on region and state
committees, as assigned by the Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the HVAC
industry and be RMGA and EPA certified
- Demonstrate on-going continuing education in the HVAC
fieldMTECH maintains the right to conduct a criminal history
background check; employment is contingent upon background check
results.Non-Discrimination StatementMountainland Technical College
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The
following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding
nondiscrimination policies:Justin BrowningInquiries may also be
sent to:2301 Ashton BlvdLehi, UT 84043Phone:
Office for Civil Rights, Denver OfficeU.S Department of
EducationCesar E. Chavez Memorial Building1244 Speer Boulevard,
Suite 310Denver, CO 80204-3582Phone: 303-844-5695 (TDD:
800-877-8339)Fax: 303-844-4303Email: OCR.Denver@ed.gov
Keywords: Mountainland Technical College, Orem , HVAC Apprenticeship Program Lead, Professions , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!