Digital Die Cut Operator, 2nd shift
Company: Fortis Solutions Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Orem, UT - Orem, UT
As a Digital Die Cut Operator you will be responsible for operating
the digital die cutter (commonly called the ABG) to die cut and
apply laminate or UV varnish to digitally printed labels. You will
also be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of this
equipment including the completion of all required quality checks
and ERP system data collection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive large printed rolls from the digital press and run them
through the die cut machine.
- Inspect the rolls when received from the digital press. Verify
rolls to the job order (ticket).
- Set up the machine to specifications on the job order (ticket).
Set up includes selection of dies, roll wind, Lam or UV, and
checking any special instructions. Verify the set up prior to
starting to run.
- Follow all Fortis procedures for quality verifications and set
up including the Job Check Procedures. Complete and sign off on all
quality checks as required.
- Utilize the company ERP system to log jobs and job progress.
Keep notes in the system for any special situations.
- Monitor the job while running to ensure proper registration and
die cut at all times.
- Troubleshoot the machine during and after runs, working with
maintenance department as necessary to ensure the machine is in
good working order.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor, Production Manager, and/or
Scheduler regarding issues with the label, including over or under
runs, label quality, or ID number questions.
- Participate in end of shift handshake to transition to the next
operator on the machine, making note of any active or ongoing
issues and confirming cleanliness of the machine.
- Maintain the work area and machines in a clean and orderly
condition and follow prescribed Fortis policies and safety
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as
- Additional duties as required. Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of press or printing related experience
- One year of manufacturing work experience preferred. Job
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and understand an English job ticket.
- Must be able to read a ruler and perform basic math.
- Must be proactive and detail oriented to catch problems or
inconsistencies and bring them to managements attention.
- Team player.
- Mechanical aptitude necessary to understand equipment function
- Basic computer knowledge required. Supervisory
- None Training Requirements:
- Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related
to the job as assigned. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to
75 pounds with assistance.
- Lifting, sitting, standing, crouching, repetitive tasks
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and subject to random drug
screening. Work Environment:
- Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production
- Warehouse environment temperatures may be influenced by outside
temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety shoes are highly recommended in the production area.
Fortis Solutions Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, do
not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status,
disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fortis Solutions Group, Orem , Digital Die Cut Operator, 2nd shift, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...