Company: COVINGTON SENIOR LIVING - OREM
Posted on: May 23, 2023
POSITION SUMMARYThe Lead Server is responsible for providing
service to the community residents by serving meals and assisting
other kitchen staff with light meal preparation assistance and
clean up. This individual must be able to effectively communicate
both in written and oral form. The Lead Server assists the
Foodservice Director of Covington Senior Living in the evaluation
of operational performance, quality of service, and delivery and
competitiveness with other area communities. This person must have
excellent leadership skills to aid in motivating and developing the
resident staff. This individual must be highly organized and
possess outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of
energy and enthusiasm. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The Lead Server reports
to the Food Service Director and is responsible for carrying out
the primary duties of food preparation as outlined by the Executive
Director/Assistant Executive Director of Covington Senior Living.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with
employees, residents, residents' families, visitors, and coworkers
in a professional and confidential manner.
- Initiate and participate in quality assurance and quality
improvement activities based on the four components; resident
satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process/system refinement, and
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace and project the values of
the community: compassion, positivity, respectful communication,
responsibility, trust, community, safety, respect, teamwork,
partnership, service, integrity, efficiency, and financial
- Provides training and leadership to the serving staff.
- Oversees the scheduling of the wait staff
- Runs the staff when the manager is not on duty.
- Directs other employees through their daily routines and
interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory
- Acts as quality control, ensuring customer satisfaction through
training employees properly and adhering to company policy.
- Ensure employees perform a variety of tasks, from preparing the
food, stocking supplies, serving, charging people for their food,
handling cash, credit cards, and a cash register, cleaning tables
and counters, resetting tables, greeting customers and answering
- Communicates accurate and pertinent information regarding
- Ensure that standards and objectives for safe food handling are
- Apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills when
- Work to establish a group culture to enable Covington Senior
Living to function as a whole. - - DUTIES The Lead Server is
expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are
not limited to: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dietary
- Complete all tasks communicated to prepare kitchen and dining
room for resident meal times. - For example: - rolling silverware,
setting tables, folding napkins and other such tasks.
- Greet residents in the dining room, take orders for meals and
answer questions about meal selections. - Serve residents their
daily choices and clear tables when they are finished. -
- Accommodate resident and community guests in the dining room
and ensure such meals are properly billed for.
- Retrieve dishes and utensils following meals and ensure all
dishes and utensils are washed and properly sanitized.
- Deliver Room Trays and retrieve all community dishware from
- Provide residents with snacks as requested from the
- Assist in planning and executing of special event and holiday
- Deliver Staff meals to breakroom.
- Ensure compliance to policies related to safe food handling and
- Bring the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director's
attention to any deficiencies that may arise and correct as
- Ensure compliance to policies relating to work site safely,
blood-borne pathogens, hazard communication.
- Ensure compliance with respect to risk management; death, the
dying and the aging process; fire safety; disaster preparedness;
residents' rights; and grievance procedures.
- Assist during a state survey or other in-house inspection of
records as necessary. Regulatory and Legal POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
- - - - - - - Essential Qualifications - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A certification from a physician, nurse practitioner, or other
health professional to verify no communicable diseases, open skin
lesions, or any other health problems that would interfere with job
- No previous felony conviction, or conviction for fraud of the
- CPR certified and first aid certification.
- Criminal background check (BCI).
- TB test.
- Food Handlers Permit.
- 18+ years of age.
- One year of experience in the food service field
- Successful completion of Covington Senior Living training
program. - - - - - - Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of the assisted living care industry.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Decisive, well-informed, decision-maker.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Capacity to work effectively with different types of
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure
with time constraints.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities.
- Knowledge of food safety. Preferred Qualifications
- Well-rounded with developed outside interests. POSITION
ENVIRONMENT This position requires the ability to work under time
pressures, and the ability to interact with a diverse group of
individuals. Physical demands include moving boxes, light equipment
and supplies, and operating kitchen equipment. Standing for long
periods of time (up to 2-4 hours per day) may be required. Lifting,
up to twenty-five pounds, on a regular basis is required.
Occasional lifting and carrying of items up to fifty pounds is also
required. Requires hearing to normal range and corrected vision.
The kitchen aid facilitates and participates in menu planning on
behalf of Covington Senior Living. This position is an exempt
position under the FLSA and does require overtime in order to
accomplish those duties outlined and to complete projects.
Occasional stress related to multiple responsibilities is
Keywords: COVINGTON SENIOR LIVING - OREM, Orem , Server, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...