Senior Property Adjuster (Field)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Senior Field Property Adjuster role may be the career for you.
There's a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out. Our
comprehensive, fully paid six week training program including class
discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor
led guidance to help you support our membership independently.
This positions is available for experienced Senior Field Property
Adjusters in the South Salt Lake City or Provo-Orem, UT area. As a
field adjuster, you will serve members impacted by catastrophe
events with a primary focus on wind and hail events.Job
RequirementsAs a Senior Field Property Insurance Adjuster, you will
work within established guidelines and framework to investigate,
evaluate, negotiate, and settle moderate to large loss complex
property content insurance claims presented by or against our
members. You will confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize
liability exposure and negotiate equitable settlements in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements.Field Property
Adjusters focus on using technology and desk adjusting for a
virtual first approach to inspections and claims handling. USAA
also provides a company vehicle to physically inspect losses within
your locally assigned territory. Field Adjusters may travel outside
of their local territory to respond to claims in other regions when
needed. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with paid overtime
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Handle assigned claims' caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Figures out coverage through analyzing information involving
complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Resolves and negotiates complex claims settlement and makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to
prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law
- Proven negotiation, investigation, communication and conflict
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed
- Developing knowledge of residential constructionPreferred
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and
- Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate
within the South Salt Lake City or Provo-Orem, UT area.
- Bachelor's degree
- US military service or military spousePhysical Demand
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $60,300.00 -$108,600.00Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: Addressed
on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Orem , Senior Property Adjuster (Field), Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!