Bus Operator (Full-Time, Orem)
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Utah Transit Authority Job Summary *NO CDL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
TO APPLY* Our bus operators are the face of UTA! Safety and
excellent customer service are the top priority for this position
and UTA is working diligently to identify and hire the best and
brightest for this critical role. We will teach you everything you
need to know about how to operate UTA passenger buses and keep
customers and equipment safe. Enjoy performing standard
pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections, communicating information
to the dispatch center, customers and supervisors, answer questions
from customers and others, collect passenger fare, and follow UTA
guidelines, operating rules and procedures. If you are seeking a
long-term, fulfilling career, consider becoming a Bus Operator for
UTA. Opportunities for advancement are impressive, benefits are
incredible, and the security of knowing you work for a highly
successful and stable organization in service to the community
brings a sense of peace, belonging, and progress.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Completion of UTAs PAID Bus Operator Training /Certification
Program, including passing all required exams. EXPERIENCE
- One year in a customer service role with ability to solve
problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Safe driver with a valid driver license and no more than 2
moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or
any drugs within the past 10 years.
- Familiar with the Wasatch Front is preferred but not
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT)
medical card (paid by UTA)
- Pass the written Class B CDL test, with Air Brakes and
Passenger Endorsement tests prior to the start of the paid training
- Communicate with supervisors and customers and maintain good
interpersonal relations, both orally and over the radio
- Read and understand training materials, operating manuals and
operating and safety rules directives
- Prepare legible written reports of incidents and accidents
- Operate any and all passenger buses safely
- Report for assigned shift on time
- Meet schedule demands, scheduled shifts, and scheduled
- Perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular
walking, floor to waist lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally/carrying
up to 15 lbs occasionally, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling,
crouching, balancing, bending, and prolonged periods of sitting and
- This job requires regular and predictable attendance. - OR - An
equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
Pay Rate: $17.00/hr training. $20.94/hr after training with
guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next four years
up to $25.19/hr. Close Date: June 23th, 2022 @ 5:59 pm PM21
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Orem , Bus Operator (Full-Time, Orem), Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!