Senior BDX Field Technician (27798)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Blendtec is an awesome place to work. See why!
Blendtec is a growing global health company, a leader in
marketing premium blenders and kitchen innovations to over 80
countries around the world. Blendtec is the first and only company
to offer a commercial grade, safe, reliable high speed blender with
the quietest, but most powerful motor on the market.
Troubleshoot and manage product/part performance issues in the
field. This position includes traveling nationwide to various
locations. Can work remotely from any US location, so no need to
relocate. Provides extensive technical support to customers via
email or phone to troubleshoot dispensing machines and jar
problems. Assembly or repair of dispensing units, working on the
assembly line or repair bench when in Orem, Utah office.
- Troubleshoot and manage product/part performance issues in the
field. Travel may be required 50-75% of time and includes traveling
nationwide to various locations.
- Coordinate travel including scheduling flights, car rental and
hotel reservations. Accurately submit paperwork such as service
reports and travel expenses in a timely manner.
- Obtaining and fulfilling orders and/or contracts for services
under Dispensing Service Manger's direction.
- When not in field, provides extensive technical support to
customers via email or phone to troubleshoot dispensing machines
and jar problems.
- Performs repetitive light electronic and/or electro-mechanical
assembly to produce or repair dispensing units.
- Confirms that needed parts and tools are available to complete
orders for the day
- Fastens parts together with bolts, soldering iron, screws,
speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners. May use a combination of
hand, pneumatic, electric, chemical, or hydraulic tools to perform
- Performs visual inspections using touch, smell, sight, and
hearing to validate and confirm product quality, and is held
responsible for the quality of assembled parts.
- Assist the Dispensing Service Manager with any other special
projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and perform basic math calculations
- Ability to use hand tools and small power tools.
- Ability to assemble small technical parts
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Ability to concentrate in a busy work environment and be
detail-oriented in order to maintain a high level of quality, keep
accurate accounts of time and production, keep production on
schedule, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to work with various personalities while maintaining
cooperative working relationships.
- Must have effective communication skills for interaction with
- Must be dependable, responsible, and willing to learn new
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues with minimal direction and
independently to identify and correct issues.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings, control plans,
deviations, and build parts according to the production order.
- Must have knowledge of / and field experience with flexibility
and willingness to travel.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; one year of related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sit for more than 6 hours per shift.
- Ability to fully use hands.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and/or hear.
- Walk or move from one location to another.
- Periodically may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The information written in this job description
indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted
as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or
qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While
employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform
other assignments not listed on this job description.
Blendtec is one of the fastest-growing product brands anywhere -
and, to hear it from our hundreds of employees - one of the most
desirable places to work. We have expanded our Orem facility and
have many current and anticipated job openings. At its core,
Blendtec is innovation. With our greatest satisfaction coming from
embracing new ideas, improving upon old ones, and, ultimately,
making even better blenders. If you want to make a direct impact on
company success... If you crave a pace that keeps up with your own
personal drive... That's what you'll find when you blend your own
skills with the Blendtec ideals of innovation, quality and
Please read on to learn more about what it means to work at
Blendtec. We look forward to getting to know you!
We offer great benefits to our employees: medical and dental
insurance; professionally managed 401k; no cost life insurance for
employee and dependents; short and long term income replacement
disability insurance; incentive pay; employee discounts on company
products; available three weeks of paid time off; education
reimbursement; free blender; massage therapist; on-site medical
clinic; fitness center; employee lunch cafeteria.
Blendtec runs criminal background checks, drug screening and
E-verify on each new hire.
Keywords: Blendtec, Orem , Senior BDX Field Technician (27798), Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!