Estimator - Energy Division (Solar, Wind, and Power Transmission)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who we are & What we do.
W. W. Clyde & Co. is a Heavy Civil Construction Company with a
reputation for quality projects and innovative solutions for over
90 years. W. W. Clyde is based in Utah and completes heavy civil
construction projects throughout the Intermountain West including:
building roads and highways, bridges, dams, airport runways,
installing large diameter pipe, earthwork at mines and for
Why work with W. W. Clyde?
Employees are vital to who we are and what we do. We seek
employees who share our values and high standards and who dedicate
themselves to progressing, growing, and expanding in their
abilities. We offer a competitive compensation package, generous
benefits, and professional development / training.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K match
- Profit sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
POSITION: Estimator - Energy Division - Solar, Wind and Power
LOCATION: Orem, UT
JOB SUMMARY: Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for
one or more disciplines in heavy civil construction projects.
- Prepare proposal estimates for heavy civil construction,
primarily in earthwork (mass haul and site balance).
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope
of work and required contents of estimate. Determine applicable
project plans and specifications.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of
- Develop accurate estimated costs to complete the applicable
scope of work.
- Maintain the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on
cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Obtain bids from subcontractors.
- Work will include interfacing with various EPC's while
procuring work and finding opportunities to add value to projects
that are being pursued.
- Support other department personnel as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction
Management, or a related field, or equivalent combination of
technical training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience estimating in earthwork/energy
- Understanding of earthwork - mass haul and site balance.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Skilled in assuming responsibility and reaching deadlines.
- Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or
internet based programs: HCSS Heavy Bid, Trimble Business Center,
BlueBeam, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Primavera P6, Building
Connected, and Viewpoint.
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Apply online and SUBMIT A RESUME with your application.
W.W. Clyde and Co. is an "Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action" Employer
Keywords: WWClyde, Orem , Estimator - Energy Division (Solar, Wind, and Power Transmission), Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!