Company: Kids On The Move
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As asix-time Best of State award winner, Kids On The Move (KOTM)
provides services throughout Utah to children with special needs
and their families. Our mission is to support the development of
young children through six key programs: Early Intervention, Early
Head Start, KOTM Autism Center, KOTM Respite Care, Mental Health
Services, and Child Care Services.
KOTM is seeking a Kitchen Specialist for our Child Care Center.
The Kitchen Specialist prepares quality food that meets or exceeds
the standards of the CACFP program. The Kitchen Specialist ensures
consistency in the kitchen by continuing accurate record keeping
and approved meal service.
- Prepare meals for all Child Care children, strictly following a
scheduled and approved menu
- Keep up-to-date information on all children's food allergies,
working with teachers and program staff to ensure accurate
information from parents
- Follow Licensing guidelines, including all documentation of
food purchases, menu planning, meal service tracking, and all
paperwork involved (Daily)
- Responsible for kitchen organization and clean-up including
breaking down boxes, cleaning cans, sweeping, mopping and laundry
- Be capable of fully and effectively running the kitchen.
- Keep the kitchen and all storage and work space clean and
- Attend Child Care staff meetings when possible (at least
- Prepare meals and snacks
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Nutrition
- Follow food safety/kitchen licensure requirements
- Valid Food Handler Permit (must always be kept current)
- Serve Safe Certification (must always be kept current)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus (2+) years experience working in a commercial
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Work is predominately in the kitchen with typical kitchen
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Repeated bending, kneeling, and stooping
- Finger/wrist movement for prolonged periods of time
- Operating office equipment
- Mobility in an office setting
- Must be able to operate small kitchen appliances as well as
oven and stovetop .
- Medical certification that employee can perform the essential
functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
within two weeks of hire and every five years thereafter.
- Must pass a TB test upon receiving the job offer and prior to
- Must pass a criminal background check upon receiving job offer
and every five (5) years thereafter.
- Continuous CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers
- Must have valid driver license and verification of Auto
insurance compliant with Utah state requirements
Keywords: Kids On The Move, Orem , Kitchen Specialist, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!