Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and
start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of
over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers
and transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners because
we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make
the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them
the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on
the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest
Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #59 on the
Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know
that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire
employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once
eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual
gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most
locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits
in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical
benefits with rates as low as $30 a month, enrollment
in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid
vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement,
employee assistance, discount program and even voluntary benefits
like Pet Insurance!
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery
goods. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures
the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets
standards. Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to
internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean,
safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring
ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally
lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers
of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the
icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific
decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for
scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing
manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special
orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush
machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the
- Faces merchandise.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in
person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
- Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures.
Follows company guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock,
cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and
special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
- Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for
cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing,
ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise,
- Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures
and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store
- Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping manager
informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and
production sheets as scheduled.
- Produce breads/rolls by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and
pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product,
measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and
- Clean work area using pressure hose, floor brush, squeegee,
wiping off all work tables, scales utensils.
- Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
- Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment
- Ovens, proof box, mixers, bread sheeter, flour dump bins, floor
scrubber, dishwasher, rack washer, pallet jack, microwave,20pt
divider,36pt divider, donut filler unit, airbrush ,date gun, scan
gun, and DIGI printer, label machine and ink jet printer.
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by the employees
assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company
policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and
qualifications required of personnel may vary.
Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Orem , Clerk, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!