Automotive Parts Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Company: Ken Garff
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Considering a career with Ken Garff Automotive Group means you
are in for a great ride (excuse the car metaphor)! We're not your
standard dealership or group of dealerships and we are pretty darn
proud of that. We are out to do things differently and want to
consistently change, grow, and progress. For that reason, our
employees are proud of where they work!
Ken Garff Honda of Orem is currently looking for a talented
Shipping/Receiving Clerk that aligns with our core values and acts
with respect, intelligence, greatness, honesty and teamwork.
As a group, we aim to become the most esteemed automotive group
by treating people R.I.G.H.T and creating lifetime customers!
Here's why you'll want to work here:
- Paid training and real career growth
- Competitive compensation package
- Great people with a great culture
- Paid Time Off and 401k with Company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term disability,
AD&D and Life Insurance
- Year-end bonus program for all employees (Garff Giveback)
- Employee discounts on Vehicle Purchase, Parts, Service and
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure
accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Count, weigh, or measure items on incoming and outgoing
shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices,
orders, and other records.
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons, or stencil identifying
shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers, or select preassembled
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and
- Nail covers on wooden crates and bind containers with metal
tape, using strapping machine.
- Stamp, stencil, or glue identifying information and shipping
instructions onto crates or containers.
- Post weights and shipping charges, and affix postage.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items,
record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages
- Ensure that outgoing shipments meet specifications.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or
hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or
- Receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment
and designate "Returned Goods, Receiving Clerk".
- Receive unsold products returned by Parts Driver.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of
Here's what you'll need:
- One year of experience in a dealership position
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
- Ability to use parts department computer system, calculator,
motor vehicle, and tier-lift and hand trucks
- Ability to use mechanical tools such as crimpers, pliers,
wrenches, and tape measure
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid in-state driver's license and a good driving record,
per company standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
(( We Hear You ))
Keywords: Ken Garff, Orem , Automotive Parts Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!