Company: COVINGTON SENIOR LIVING - OREM
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Covington Senior Living is looking for CNA's to join our
team! We are looking for people who love working with seniors and
team players. The following responsibilities and duties that
you will be asked to follow include but are not limited
The Medication Tech coordinates resident care related to
medications by working with all departments, the pharmacy and
medical community, families and administrative staff to provide for
resident needs with continuity and adherence to the scope of
practice and licensure for the community. This person
provides complete supervision of the medication room, pass
techniques, documentation and supervision and provision of care
related to medication in the community. The Medication Tech
must, within the individuals area of focus, assure compliance with
Covington Senior Livings quality standards as well as State and
Federal regulations. This individual must be highly organized and
possess outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of
energy and enthusiasm. The Medication Tech works closely with the
Community RN, Executive Director and Asst. Executive Director to
ensure operational performance, quality service, and
competitiveness with other area facilities. The Resident Caregiver
must be a firm decision-maker, taking into consideration the impact
of that decision on the overall organization.
The Medication Tech is expected to perform position-related
duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct,
including MARs, Physicians Orders, Pharmacy Documents, etc.
- Ensure medication room/carts are completely stocked with all
required medications including OTC medications that are ordered by
the physicians of residents receiving medication assistance.
- Communicate all medication changes to residents, staff, &
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with the
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as
- Monitor Psychotropic medication use is congruent with physician
orders endure resident behaviors actually warrant the use of
- Control Medication Cart access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with administration of medication in
accordance with state regulations.
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between
the various shifts of the community.
- Assist Resident Caregivers (CNAs) with providing personal care
to residents who are on services with the community.
- Document all care given to residents in ADL
- Comply with communitys policies and procedures and recommend
changes as necessary.
- Bring to the Administrations attention to any deficiencies that
- Ensure compliance to policies relating to blood-borne
pathogens, hazard communication, and infection control.
- Ensure compliance with respect to risk management; the dying
and the aging process; fire safety; disaster preparedness;
residents rights; grievance procedures; and medication
- Develop skills and education through other higher educational
and/or continuing education opportunities. Annual continuing
education requirements shall be determined by State regulations or
as required by the Executive Director.
- Complete full orientation upon hire.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in patient care planning conferences.
- Set a good example to all employees of punctuality,
dependability, productivity, use of time (no cell phone/texting,
social media, or computer use). Display genuine resident care,
positive and happy attitude, work ethic, communication skills,
confidentiality, and trust.
Preferred Qualification Qualifications:
- 16 years +
- CNA License
- Food Handlers Permit
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Keywords: COVINGTON SENIOR LIVING - OREM, Orem , Medication Technician, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!