Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery goods. Maintains proper
inventory levels of products and ensures the cleanliness and
appearance of the bakery department meets standards. Consistently
provides friendly, courteous service to internal and external
customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean,
safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring
ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally
lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers
of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the
icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific
decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for
scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing
manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special
orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush
machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the
- Faces merchandise.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in
person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
- Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures.
Follows company guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock,
cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and
special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
- Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for
cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing,
ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise,
- Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures
and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store
- Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping manager
informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and
production sheets as scheduled.
- Produce breads/rolls by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and
pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product,
measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and
- Clean work area using pressure hose, floor brush, squeegee,
wiping off all work tables, scales utensils.
- Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
- Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 3:00 am to
10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and
Pushing and pulling approximately 100 lb. of product at a time
- Lift objects (i.e., mix) of various dimensions chest high up to
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides,
recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature
readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Catch breads, put product onto trays for baking, operate
kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity and hand /eye
- Maintain composure in dealing with customers and
- Reach overhead to place product on racks.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, balance, crouch, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel,
perform repetitive movement, and reach frequently.
- Handle bakery ingredients.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and
compute weights and measures.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential
hazards with respect to baking procedures, equipment, and work
- Respond to audible timers on baking equipment.
- Perform around equipment and product emitting heat
(approximately 465 degrees).
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures and department
policies. Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
- Check labels and packaging of all manufactured products.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to
receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Communicate in writing to others and read and follow
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a
strong customer service orientation.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity,
speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability,
safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Ovens, proof box, mixers, bread sheeter, flour dump bins, floor
scrubber, dishwasher, rack washer, pallet jack, microwave,20pt
divider,36pt divider, donut filler unit, airbrush ,date gun, scan
gun, and DIGI printer, label machine and ink jet printer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Orem , Bakery Clerk, Other , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!