Senior Assembler (ALC) Developer
Posted on: March 20, 2023
We are seeking a Sr. Assembler Language Computer (ALC) Developer
to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Masterfiles project.
The Sr. ALC Developer will provide program analysis, design and
development support, maintain source code and modify and/or upgrade
code, and conduct testing and debugging, as necessary.Location of
work is 100% remote from home.
- Create, update, test, and maintain IBM ALC programs
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be
sure that they will produce the desired information and that the
instructions are correct
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software
packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory,
storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow
chart and diagram and applying knowledge of computer capabilities,
subject matter, and symbolic logic
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing
programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel
to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and
control the use of computer systems software as a systems
- Compile and write documentation of program development and
subsequent revisions, adding comments to software application code
so others can understand the program
- Prepare and maintain detailed workflow charts and diagrams that
describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them
into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Work with CSA's (Computer Systems Analysts) to define and
resolve problems in running computer programs
- Position is contingent on funding.PROJECT SPECIFIC
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required. An additional four (4) years of related experience may
substitute for degree
- At least five (5) years of related experience required
- Experience with IBM ALC programming language in a Z/OS
- Experience with IBM Job Control Language (JCL)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in client support
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Preferred qualifications and experience include: experience
with TSO, File Manager, ISPF, Endevor, and IBM utilities including
De-Bug; experience with IRS Corporate SystemsAdditional
Requirements as per contract/client:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS
Moderate Risk MBI is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
(Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax
compliantEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or
exceed business requirements; the development effort includes
designing and implementing modules to the system specifications,
conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing
detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and
implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing
guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of
production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to
incorporate into coding standards.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Professional Job Profile.MAXIMUS INTRODUCTIONSince
1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping
Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to
successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across
a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers
innovative business process management and technology solutions
that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels
of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of
government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees
worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the
United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
https://www.maximus.com.EEO STATEMENTSince 1975, Maximus has
operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the
People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage
with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health
and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business
process management and technology solutions that contribute to
improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity,
accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored
programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a
proud partner to government agencies in the United States,
Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.PAY
TRANSPARENCYMaximus compensation is based on various factors
including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education,
training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work,
required travel (if any), external market and internal value
analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal
pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's
total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and
long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be
commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An
applicant's salary history will not be used in determining
compensation.POSTED MAX - USD $130,000.00/Yr.
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Orem , Senior Assembler (ALC) Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...