Medical Assistant -Orem Internal Med - Full-Time
Company: Revere Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: At Revere Health, we value the health of
our patients above all else. As the largest independent
multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system
gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and
innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown
to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout
Utah, Arizona and Nevada.As the first Accountable Care Organization
(ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation
ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented
approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a
minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.Revere
Health: Your Health Above All Else.Position Summary: This is a
great opportunity to work in a respected practice as a full time
Medical Assistant. Successful candidate must maintain a
professional image in the office and in all communications. Must be
able to multi-task while maintaining good patient and staff
relations along with providing outstanding customer
service.Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates excellent patient care under the supervision of the
- Adequately prepares patients for examination and
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and
- Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Maintains patient records and other information.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and
contributes to a positive work environment.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related
tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, assists in obtaining
patient histories, measures vital signs, records information in
patient record. Ensures all pertinent information is available to
physician (i.e.: list of meds, lab results, medication allergies,
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms. Ensures exam rooms are
properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment. Cleans and
sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Obtains lab and test results for physician to review. Calls
results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties and assignments as assigned.Qualifications:
- Team player.
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and appropriately.
- Self-starter. Shows strong initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer, telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to respond to emergent situations calmly and
- Exhibits respect, compassion, and courtesy toward patients,
visitors, and team.
- Responds promptly and professionally to patients, visitors, and
- Outstanding customer service, organization, and attention to
detail.EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of and certification from a Medical
Assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain certification within 4
months of hire and must maintain CPR certification throughout
- Working knowledge of Medical terminology.Status: Full
TimePosition: Medical Assistant - Full TimeDepartment: Orem
Internal MedicineLocation: OremHours: SCHEDULE EXPECTATIONS:
- This is a full-time position.
- Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
- No weekends.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings at 7am.
- Works all shifts as scheduled and assigned.
Keywords: Revere Health, Orem , Medical Assistant -Orem Internal Med - Full-Time, Healthcare , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!