Company: Utah Valley University
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a
background check. Accurate Background Check is a vendor partner
with UVU to complete a background check
- Utah Valley University is a participating employer under Utah
Retirement Systems (URS). If you have a retired under URS within
the last 12 months, employment with Utah Valley University (UVU)
after July 1, 2010, could result in the cancellation of your
retirement benefits. You are encouraged to contact URS before
accepting any job offer of employment from UVU to determine if and
how your retirement benefits would be impacted. Student Health
Services at UVU is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide nursing
and medical services to students. Promotes health awareness and
disease prevention, supervises medical assistant as required, and
serves as health care researcher and patient advocate. Emphasize
wellness, prevention of illness, treat mild ailments, to more
serious illness, minor surgeries, and any ER problems as presented
by the student or patient. Required Qualifications Graduation from
an accredited institution with a master's degree in Nursing and
APRN License for the State of Utah, Controlled Substance License
for the State of Utah, and NPI number. Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of protocols such as anaphylaxis,
sexual assault, etc..
- Knowledgeable in ordering, conducting and interpreting various
diagnostic tests and/or screening evaluations such as pap smears,
diabetes, pregnancy, bladder infections, sinusitis, strep throat,
lab work etc..
- Knowledgeable to provision for minor surgeries and procedures
such as lacerations, toenails, wound care, etc..
- Experience with performing annual physical exams and
- Skills in creating treatment regimens for a wide range of acute
and/or chronic diseases.
- Skills in teaching and consulting patients on disease
prevention and healthy lifestyle habits or behaviors, including
- Skills in implementing necessary changes in lifestyle
modalities per age specific.
- Skills in counseling for pre-marital with sexual orientation to
maintain sexual health.
- Skills in ordering and administering various immunizations for
a variety of purposes.
- Communication skills in instructing patients and medical staff
- Ability to prescribing medications or pharmacological
- Ability to provide care in an emergency situation.
- Ability to diagnose and manage acute episodic and chronic
- Ability to instruct individuals, families, and groups in health
awareness and disease prevention.
- Familiarity and dedication to understanding diversity and
identities as they apply to our student population. Preferred
Qualifications Graduation from an accredited institution with a
master's degree in Nursing and APRN License for the State of Utah,
Controlled Substance License for the State of Utah, and NPI
Two or more years experience working the college population.
Physical Requirements Occasional reaching, bending, lifting,
frequent standing, sitting, and walking, consistent talking,
hearing, seeing and fine hand manipulation; such as working with
instruments, procedures or typing on a computer. EEO Statement
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. Benefits Summary UVU
offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan. Required
fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). Documents Needed to
Apply Required Documents
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Cover Letter
- License or Certification Optional Documents
- Letter of Recommendation 3 800 W University Parkway Orem, UT
Keywords: Utah Valley University, Orem , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!