Plasma Center Manager - New Orem Utah Center
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 25, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About BioLife Plasma
ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. The new Orem location is slated
to open March 2024. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Responsible for managing the
operations of plasma collection facility, to include financial,
marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel and
facilities management functions. Supervises the daily functions and
staff activities across departments to optimize operational
- Employee development (60%):
- Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and
- Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and
accurately trained in technical areas.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and
exempt staff members.
- Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal
check-ins, development plans, etc.
- Administer year-end review process and compensation
- Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone
screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
- May support and conduct management training.
- Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer
service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
- Operations Management (40%):
- Supervise the operations within the facility:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company
regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor
- Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any related
issues that arise from the audit:
- Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to
prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring timely response and closure to audit
- Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient
- Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while
assuring compliance with Shire, local and federal regulations.
- Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for
- May assist in center production issues. DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Minimum of three years' experience preferably in a medical or
other regulated field, or an equivalent com- bination of education
- Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational
and technical skills.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of
diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi- task,
prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Requires weekend and extended work periods.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve,
ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building
maintenance and other contracted services.
- Authority to make hiring/separation decision regularly
(involuntary must collaborate with HR)Interaction
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees.
- Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on high-impact
and/or sensitive decisions.
- Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns.
- Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff.
- Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations
- May participate in the management of projects and new
initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up
to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person
and on the phone.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%) EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential: High School Diploma or
equivalent required.Desired: Associates or Bachelor's degree highly
desirable. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations USA - UT - Orem Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Orem , Plasma Center Manager - New Orem Utah Center, Executive , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...