Asphalt Quality Control Manager - Utah
Company: Clyde Companies Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
No better place to "construct" your career than with W. W. Clyde
Looking for a trusted and award winning company that will give you
experience and exposure to a wide variety of construction
Who we are & What we do.
W. W. Clyde & Co. is a Heavy Civil Construction Company with a
reputation for quality projects and innovative solutions for over
90 years. W. W. Clyde is based in Utah and completes heavy civil
construction projects throughout the Intermountain West including:
building roads and highways, bridges, dams, airport runways,
installing large diameter pipe, earthwork at mines and for
Why work with W. W. Clyde?
Employees are vital to who we are and what we do. We seek employees
who share our values and high standards and who dedicate themselves
to progressing, growing, and expanding in their abilities. We offer
a competitive compensation package, generous benefits, and
professional development / training.
* Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
* 401K match
* Profit sharing
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Time Off
For additional information, regarding our company, benefits and
career information, please visit our website at
Job Title: Asphalt Quality Control Manager
Job Summary: Manage the quality assurance plan and quality
assurance staff to ensure hot mix asphalt, and component materials
comply with the applicable specifications. Research methods to
improve the company's product quality and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Visualize, fulfill, and implement the vision and core values.
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures.
* Manage collection and analyzing HMA production and construction
data. Recommend appropriate adjustments to production and
construction staff to bring process into compliance with the
applicable standards and follow up on the actions taken to ensure
anticipated results are obtained.
* Review Hot Plant reports, crusher reports and job reports.
* HMA Mixture Design: assist in development of design
* Look for ways to improve and promote quality of production.
* Build customer relations, investigate product quality complaints,
and recommend operation changes as needed.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates programs and procedures to
* Mix design creation and implementation
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.E.) from a four-year college or
university; or five or more years of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in
Quality Assurance / Quality Control. Civil engineering and/or
Construction Management Degree
* HMA Plant and/or Paving Technician Classification preferred.
* ACI Field Grade I, ACI Strength, and ACI Aggregate Grade I
* Knowledge of safety, the environment and transportation.
* Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and
mechanics of an asphalt plants.
Individual Development (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
* Must be familiar with local municipality and DOT specifications,
such as sampling frequency, sampling methods, graduation
requirements, quality requirements, etc.
* Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as
both a leader and a participant.
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building
rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
* Must have a solid understanding of plant practices and quality
* Ability to detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond
* Ability to read, understands, and interprets architectural and
engineering documents, as well as ACI, ASTM, and AASHTO
* Ability to diagnose and remedy concrete strength and/or
* Ability to get work done through others using effective
delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
* Must have strong problem solving and leadership skills.
Apply online and SUBMIT A RESUME with your application.
W.W. Clyde and Co. is an "Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Clyde Companies Inc., Orem , Asphalt Quality Control Manager - Utah, Executive , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!