Adjunct Instructor - Digital Media
Company: Utah Valley University
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location : 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Job Type: Adjunct/Overload Teaching
Job Number: FY2300194
Division: College of Technology/Computing
Department: Digital Media
Opening Date: 07/14/2023
Closing Date: 9/30/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Applicant Support: Support@schooljobs.com
Utah Valley University is accepting applications for an Digital
Media Adjunct to join our team. The Adjunct Instructor in Digital
Media will teach courses in a field of study. Plans and follows an
approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for
each course taught.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of
classes to be taught, instructional strategies, and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum
development, and program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of the appropriate field of study.
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for
- Effective human relations skills and communication
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
bachelor's degree in the subject matter or a closely related area
and two years of teaching or closely relate professional
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Utah Valley University's dedication to exceptional care offers
quality service and benefits to employees while staying committed
to meeting the needs of a diverse workforce.
Although part-time and adjunct (less than 30 hours per week)
employees are ineligible from the full-time employee benefits
package, the university is pleased to offer the following:
- Undergraduate tuition remission benefit:
- Part-time: waives 100 percent of tuition and general student
fees for up to 3 credit hours or 1 course after 6 consecutive
months of employment and a minimum of 480 hours worked (dependents
do not qualify)
- Adjunct: waives 100 percent of tuition and general student fees
for one course per semester in which there is an active teaching
assignment at the university (dependents do not qualify)
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Exclusive cash rewards through Utah Community Credit Union's
(UCCU) branch on UVU's campus when becoming a member
What is your highest level of education?
- High School or equivalent
- Ph.D. (abd)
- Juris Doctorate
Keywords: Utah Valley University, Orem , Adjunct Instructor - Digital Media, Education / Teaching , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!