Loan Department Manager
Company: Capital Community Bank
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Responsible for the overall management and oversight of the Loan
Operations Department. This includes loan documentation, loan
processing, loan servicing and collections, loan accounting,
construction loan management, loan portfolio reporting functions,
and customer service. The incumbent will lead, train, and supervise
the loan operations staff and will ensure the department meets its
organizational goals. Effective and professional communication with
all Bank employees to promote efficient and correct work flow and
establish positive working relationships is paramount. MAJOR AND
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and demonstrate expert level proficiency with loan
software applications (FIS, Flo, LaserPro, etc.)
- Work with system providers to utilize loan software
applications to their fullest capacity, streamlining processes and
procedures, as well as ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in the evaluation of new lending support applications
(i.e. construction loan management system(s).
- Analyze, prepare, and train for periodic updates to system
software, and verify that enhancements are working correctly.
- Assist with system parameters and design to meet the lending
needs of the Bank's customers.
- Lead loan related conversion projects.
- Oversee user security access.
- Effectively manage direct and indirect reports:
- Participate in the interview and hiring process; train
employees (including job shadow candidates).
- Recommend and implement training programs for direct
- Perform employee performance assessments on a timely basis;
- rewarding top performers and developing remediation plans for
- Successfully interact with loan operation staff to improve
accuracies and efficiencies.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties
- Loan Operations and Documentation:
- Supervise the Loan Operations and Documentation teams.
- Ensure the processes to perfect collateral are effective.
Follow for receipt of recorded real estate documents, UCC financing
statement, vehicle titles, etc.
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of the physical and electronic
loan and credit files.
- Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures
for all loans.
- Supervise payment processing and posting, payoffs, draw
requests, balancing, disbursement of loan funds, and dispute
- Work with outside counsel on loan documentation matters.
- Develop and maintain work flows for all stages of loan
- Construction Loan monitoring, inspections and advances:
- Review and approve construction loan draws.
- Assist with property/project inspections as needed.
- Supervise Loan Collections and Solar:
- Provide guidance and expertise to collections staff.
- Work with outside counsel on consumer loan settlements and
- Review and approve solar loan collection account
- Supervise the operation/duties of the team
- Approve solar subordination packets
- Update the monthly Charge Off Report
- Act as liaison to Compliance for audit and compliance issues.
- Coordinate with Compliance on Regulatory complaints.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, customers
and external service providers to respond to inquiries and resolve
- Ensure process, procedural, and personnel changes are
communicated to Bank Lending staff on a timely basis.
- Personal Development:
- Complete all assigned internal training in a timely
- Maintain and improve personal knowledge base on lending, loan
documentation, compliance and regulations by attending seminars and
reading available information. Ensure necessary changes or
recommendations have been implemented as directed.
- Responsible for timely preparation of internal and external
reports, including Board level reports and SBA external
- Ensure that Bank policies and procedures are administered
consistently and in accordance with the Bank's objectives/policies
and in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and
- Utilize internal resources efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with portfolio and loan acquisitions.
- Other duties as assigned. Compliance Assists in the Bank's
compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and
- Develop and demonstrate proficiency with all applicable federal
and state banking rules and regulations regarding lending.
- Adhere to all applicable Bank policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with banking Regulators and Auditors.
Interpersonal/Team Skills Cultivate and maintain a professional
image and rapport with customers, the public, co-workers,
Regulators, Auditors, Bank Management and Directors.
- Positive attitude and the ability to take direction and accept
- Keep appropriate parties informed of project status, problems,
- Negotiate and attempt to resolve conflicts around projects or
work assignments; communicated problems to manager as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High school diploma or GED
equivalent coupled with significant experience may be
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience and relevant
loan operations management experience preferred
- 10+ years banking experience strongly desired.
- Expert level knowledge of consumer and commercial:
- Lending products.
- Loan collections.
- Loan documentation.
- Collateral perfection.
- Proficiency in solving practical problems and demonstrated
ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists.
- Experience in developing, training, leading, inspire and
- Preferred Skills/Experience
- Expert level competency with FIS, FLO, Laser Pro, etc. systems
preferred. Expertise with other Bank loan and documentation systems
may be substituted.
- Accounting experience is preferred. Significant financial
institution experience may be substituted.
- Expert level competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail oriented, critical and analytical thinker.
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a cohesive
- Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes.
Apply Now with our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are
Required What is your full name? First Name How can we contact you?
Email Phone Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: Capital Community Bank, Orem , Loan Department Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Orem, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!